Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oily Summer Skin

Summer Day Royalty Free
www.clipartguide.com
I had a conversation with my friend last week.  She was telling me that since summer hit, her skin has been excessively oily.  She had been using a cleanser on an exfoliating pad to wash her face.  She said she liked the cleanser, because she had less pimples, but her face was really oily lately.  I told her to ditch the pad and try using the cleanser with her hands.

This reminded me how many people abuse their skin and make it worse.  So, I decided to blog.  

As we enter Summer, many of us face sweaty, oily skin.  Yuck!  And, many of us want to scrub the hell out of our faces with scrubs to get rid of our pimples and oily skin.   There are many scrubs out there and harsh skin products that are supposed to get rid of our clogged pores.
But, with oily skin, less is more!  Scrubs and Harsh chemicals can cause skin damage!  

During the Summer season you should avoid using these scrubs daily because when you exfoliate your face too much you STIMULATE OIL PRODUCTION!!!!! Let me say that again…  you STIMULATE OIL PRODUCTION!!!!!  This makes your skin more oily. 
Exfoliating too frequently is a bad idea. 

Also harsh chemicals can cause skin problems like itching, flaking, and skin dermatitis. 

My Skin regimen:
1.  Remove my eye makeup.  I love Rimmel Eye makeup remover.
2.  Get the water warm, not hot!  Warm water opens the pores…
3.  Then, I pick up a gentle face cleanser and first wash my hands with it.  Then I use my hands to gently cleanse my face. (not a cloth, which will exfoliate) 

A good gentle cleanser for oily skin is Cetaphil Oily skin cleanser, or Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash.    
If you have sensitive skin, use something like Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser. (This is the one I am currently using.) 
4.  Then I rinse my face and splash cold water on it to close my pores. 
5.  Then I moisturize.  I always use something with SPF during the day.  (If you don’t use a moisturizer with SPF, then make sure your foundation has SPF.)
-I always wait until my skin has dried before applying makeup and I try to avoid picking at my face and touching it during the day.
-Oh, and I do exfoliate, but during the summer, I only do it about once a week, or once every two weeks.

I also use a Peel-off-mask about once a month to remove dead skin.     


SUMMER TIP:  WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!
If you want to see what will happen if you don’t…….
Google Images: skin cancer

A person may be pretty and tan when they are young…but they are setting themselves up for horribly wrinkly skin and skin cancer!  
I'd rather wear a floppy hat and sunscreen :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment